Seventh Grade

When I first arrived at the school, back in August, I expected the seventh grade to be difficult. But not this difficult.

I soon realized, however, that seventh grade’s only purpose was to remind kids that the world is a painful and unforgiving place. By October, I had no life. In sixth grade, you receive quite a bit of homework, however it is nothing compared to the overpowering, staggering, immense, colossal, mammoth, monumental, gargantuan, elephantine, jumbo, astronomical, king- sized buttload of busywork designed to ruin your life.

There’s a lot of homework.

The four most important things I learned in seventh grade are:
a) No matter how hard you try, something will go wrong. Your job is to just keep that to a minimum.
b) The stairs by the sixth grade wing are out to break your ankles. Avoid them at all costs.
c) Trust no one.
d) Teachers are not humans.

As the year comes to a close, I rejoice. My advice to next year’s seventh graders? Everything is evil. Trust no one. Make sure to leave enough (all) of your time to do homework.

Have fun!

2 thoughts on “Seventh Grade

1. I thought your writing was awesome. I was dying throughout the whole story laughing! How did you come up with your philosophies? Keep writing your humorous posts!

2. Dear Juliust,
    I love your blog so much that I have shared it with most of my friends. I agree completely with all your rules and all the things that you have learned. I’m in 7th grade and I had to completely isolate myself just to do work. I hope that you work load has gone down sense. Did you ever get your life back?