Should Video Games Be Considered a Sport?

I think it should. Any sportsman who is good enough can go professional. This is no different with gaming. Any sport requires skill. So does gaming. Sports are usually very enjoyable. So are games. Do you see the point I’m getting at? There is usually some kind of championship in each sport. There definitely is in gaming. A game is no different than any other sport. People will say “But games require a controller and a screen. No other sport needs that.” Can you think of any other sport than car racing that requires a car? Does any other sport than football need goalposts? People will say “But you need to be active for it to be a sport.” NASCAR drivers don’t do much. They sweat a lot, and they feel exhausted after the race, but that’s because the stakes are very high. Anyone would do that. Gamers do the same thing. In some world championship, a gamer will fell just like a NASCAR driver does.
In conclusion, there is little difference between video games and any other sport. They’re all sports.
No difference.

6 thoughts on “Should Video Games Be Considered a Sport?

1. I don’t know why this is dated a Sept. 12. I posted it on the weekend of Oct. 5. Sometimes it is better not to question the laws of the universe.

2. Video games have a pretty valid argument to be sport. It requires skill, strategy, and often athleticism, most commonly in the hands. If chess is considered a sport, video games definitely should.

3. I don’t really agree with you…the definition of sport is an activity involving physical exertion and skill. Playing video games doesn’t really involve physical exertion, but it does take skill.
    Well actually, I don’t really know if I consider playing video games as a sport, but you’re welcome to have your own opinion.

4. I enjoyed reading your post. I liked how supported your details with facts. However in my opinion I don’t think that video games should be considered a sport. The only thing that’s getting excersise when you play is your fingers. But aside from that, I enjoyed your post!

• I actually covered that in my post. there is a section that says “NASCAR drivers don’t do much. They sweat a lot, and they feel exhausted after the race, but that’s because the stakes are very high.” There is almost no physical exertion. the same is true of games. It is true that most spots require physical exertion though.

5. The actual definition of a sport is “A competitive activity which requires skill and sometimes physical exertion.” As Julius said, Nascar driving is a sport that DOES NOT require any physical exertion! Actually video games are considered a sport, to some people.